[WT-support] keying delay

Steef PA2A pa2a at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 3 14:13:37 CET 2014

Don,

At PI4CC we had the same problem while the cluster window was streaming the unreadable combined skimmer clusters. Closing it down by ALT-O solved the problem. The ALT-O window has a 65000 lines buffer, a heavy duty for WT to fill and empty the buffer.

Looking for missing zone KL7 by ALT-T I sent about 10 times per second "sh/dx KL7 on 15m" by putting in an ALT-T macro. The unreadable cluster screen stopped for a while and then all KL7 spots had scrolled by without being able to read them. While this happened the CW got hung up for a few seconds.

We use the good old COM1 ports for CW so the amount of telnet traffic seems to cause the problem. Opening an Internet Explorer screen also influences the CW. Maybe we should buy faster video cards! I wonder if XP users had the same problem while we have recently gone to W7.

73s Steef PA2A