[WT-support] KEYING DELAY

Pablo - EA4TX ea4tx at ea4tx.com
Tue Dec 2 18:46:55 CET 2014

Hi Bob,

I'm not now at ED1R so I have not here the setup used, but the delay was
enough long as the first "dit" of our callsign was not "on-air". So pressing
"F4" the first letter ("E") was not TX'ed. Adding in "F4" a "space" could
solve in most cases, but not in all.

We use for CW the "Winkey". We tried several options for PTT Inputs and
Outputs. I have not here all options used, but I can confirm that most
options were tested.
PA PTT Tail, LNA PTT Tail, PTT Lead and PTT Tail was as default: 10, 20, 20
and 200ms, in any way, I changed and no solved.

Bob we tried most options and we also copied from another computer that
worked OK, all options and setups. Also we changed the microHAM between 2
stations....

Surely we did something wrong but I don't know.

And its true that all 5 computers are similar and this problem affected only
to our MULTI station. The cluster access was done from 2 different
computers, one to VE7CC and the second to my Home Skimmer. Maybe sometimes a
too heavy traffic on our LAN could cause some delay (few miliseconds) to
some computer, but it was not a important issue. Our problem was only at
that Multi station.

We also reboot the computer 2 times, and it didn't help... ;)

73's Pablo EA4TX