[Wrtc] Roadmap v1.1

Matt IZ3EYZ iz3eyz at virgilio.it
Mon May 15 02:34:57 CEST 2006

Hi Larry.

....with all respect neither me and John W2GD are WRTC 2006 committee
members. Since John said his point of view I told mine too.....or better I
think we both tried to interpret rules but in a different way: John
considered it as a "callsigns assistance" on the other hand I considered it
as an "auto exchange field" filling.

If you carefully read back to John's mail....the second posted on this
reflector (after mine on WRTC reflector) he said:

>Likewise, providing the Prefix/ITU zone match would also be very helpful
>(subject to operator confirmation of the zone of course), a feature
>provided by CT and others.  BUT, >providing the abbrv/report for HQ
>stations is generally not available from other programs.  It might be
>considered to be "assistance" by the WRTC organizers and disallowed.

"MIGHT BE CONSIDERED" .....he was assuming....but it's not a STATEMENT. I
guess the better way to clear up this matter, if Oms or Thomas won't reply
within tomorrow (I noticed they don't reply to mails during the weekends)
is that you contact them directly off reflector.

And again....

 actually the only statement is: no MASTER.DTA or super check partial using
MASTER.DTA are allowed!!

See WRTC FINAL RULES. Not a single word about "auto exchange field
filling"!!!

Allowing WT to recognize DA0HQ belongs to DARC is just like recognizing
DL1XYZ belongs to Z 28.....
Both are equally "auto exchange field filling".....if you can't allow HQs
recognizing you also can't allow ITU zone recognizing.....

Moreover  John points out that the "auto ITU ZONE filling" might be allowed
cuz some other logging software are allowing it.

Logic: if some other software allow ----->>>> WT can allow too.

Sorry but it's not the right approach.....it's like I say: "only if others
do something  I  can do it too" :-)))

I assume "AUTO EXCHANGE FIELD FILLING" TOPIC is still wide open :-))

Moreover if WT is years ahead of other logging software I think it should be
their own problem ;-)

Don't you??

73

Gonna sleep a while! :-)