[Wrtc] Roadmap v1.1

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon May 15 11:54:39 CEST 2006

Hi Matt

Matt IZ3EYZ a écrit :

> If you carefully read back to John's mail....the second posted on this
> reflector (after mine on WRTC reflector) he said:
>
>> Likewise, providing the Prefix/ITU zone match would also be very
>> helpful (subject to operator confirmation of the zone of course), a
>> feature provided by CT and others.  BUT, >providing the abbrv/report
>> for HQ stations is generally not available from other programs.  It
>> might be considered to be "assistance" by the WRTC organizers and
>> disallowed.
>

> "MIGHT BE CONSIDERED" .....he was assuming....but it's not a STATEMENT.
> I guess the better way to clear up this matter, if Oms or Thomas won't
> reply within tomorrow (I noticed they don't reply to mails during the
> weekends) is that you contact them directly off reflector.

I fully agree with you on this : I would be very useful to get an
official (and *public*) WRTC committee judgement on this topic !

> See WRTC FINAL RULES. Not a single word about "auto exchange field
> filling"!!!
>
> Allowing WT to recognize DA0HQ belongs to DARC is just like recognizing
> DL1XYZ belongs to Z 28.....
> Both are equally "auto exchange field filling".....if you can't allow
> HQs recognizing you also can't allow ITU zone recognizing.....
>
> Moreover  John points out that the "auto ITU ZONE filling" might be
> allowed cuz some other logging software are allowing it.

In my humble opinion, in the WRTC, the "auto fill" from a list (HQ
callsigns or CTY.DAT) should *also* be prohibited. I consider it is
"against the ethics" of this very particular competition. But, most of
the time, it would imply the software writer to modify their code.

> Logic: if some other software allow ----->>>> WT can allow too.
>
> Sorry but it's not the right approach.....it's like I say: "only if
> others do something  I  can do it too" :-)))
>
> I assume "AUTO EXCHANGE FIELD FILLING" TOPIC is still wide open :-))

Definitely ;-)  Let's wait the committee answer. We will stick to it.
But, if we don't get an answer before the competition, I'm afraid we
will not take the risk to potentially disqualify WT users because of
this feature.