[Wrtc] Few more bugs with beta2

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Wed Jun 28 10:58:45 CEST 2006

Marios Nicolaou wrote:

> Hi Olivier
>
>  well done on qualifying to the next round for the world cup!
>
>      >      > 3) Mode is still not preserved when double-clicking on
>     callsigns from
>      >      > the announcement window (This can be very annoying and
>     makes this
>      >      > feature virtually unusable).
>      >
>      >     What radio(s) are you using ?
>      >
>      > We were using FT1000MP Mk I. Are we doing something wrong?
>
>     Very odd! I'm afraid it can be an issue of the MK I. Anybody else has
>     the same result?
>

> I dont think this is an MkI problem!
> With no radio connected, if I use CTRL+Enter to place a station in the
> announce window with the mode in the logging window=PHONE,  double
> clicking on the contact in the announce window works as expected. If now
> I insert a CW station in the announce window by  changing the mode with
> ctrl+f1, when I double click on this station, the mode in the logging
> window reverts back to PHONE.

Larry must confirm this, but I guess that WT will decide of the mode the
radio must be switched to according to the frequency. It means that if
you enter a callsign on 14200, a double-click will always get the radio
on SSB. A callsign grabed from 14050 will get the radio switched to CW.

The band plan are configurated in MODE.DAT.

> 2) XSWAP- agree with the rest of the gang that it would be great/essential about a shortcut key. We also found that the frequency in the swaps of different modes was inconsistent adding 700Hz to the frequency. So after 3 swaps the frequency goes up by 2.1Khz!

This was actually the issue I was talking about (sri I was mixed up in
my reply). Can you see anything wrong in the protocols sent by WT which
could help us getting this fixed?

73 de Olivier / f5mzn