[WT-support] MIXED mode strange behaviour

Kristjan Kass es7gm at hot.ee
Wed Mar 25 08:51:11 CET 2020

Hi!

So I've been noticing for quite some time, that when I do a MIXED mode
contest then sometimes bizarre stuff happens.

Basically lets say if R1 is on CW mode running and R2 is clicking on a
bandmap in SSB mode, then sometimes R1 randomly changes mode to SSB as well.
It does happen when I make SSB QSO on 2nd radio. After logging with 2nd
radio it may not change R1 mode to SSB immediately, but it will change it
soon. To be more exact only WT changes R1 mode to SSB. R1 physcally is still
in CW mode. Same thing happens vice versa. If R1 is on SSB and R2 is on CW,
then after logging with 2nd radio R1 also changes itself to CW mode on WT.
Any ideas why?

It doesn't happen on single mode contests or if both radios are on the same
mode.

I use MK2R+ with a pair of IC-775's. I don't use 2nd computer, I use
Secondary Radio window instead.

Kris, ES7GM