[WT-support] Band Data from U2R ACC ports

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri May 24 18:40:38 CEST 2019

Did you also wire a GND to pins 18/19 or Shell?

I had the same trouble locating a screen shot of the PTT/ACC tab in the
micro2R manual, but it's in the MK2R+ manual under the ACC tab.  For that
box, you must set Pin 6 (A) to Protocol Controlled.  Do you see the
equivalent?

Of course the micro2R (u2r) doesn't automatically get the frequency of the
radio via a serial connection like the MK2R+, since it has no "Radio"
option in the Ports tab, so it seems the u2R must rely on Win-Test software
to provide the band data.  Note that there are two settings in the MKSETUP
dialog, one for Radio 1 and one for Radio 2.  Maybe you need to set both
(use the Copy 1 to 2 button).

I assume you're using the microHAM Control Protocol not Classic Auto
Control, and have specified the correct CONTROL port to Win-Test as a
MK2R/MK2R+/u2R device.

Can you send us a screen shot of the Options | Bandmap settings from the
Router?  The one in my MK2R+ is based on frequency, so the one in the u2R
must be different.

Note that you can use the *MON* button on the PORTS tab, next to the
CONTROL port, to get a trace of commands Win-Test is sending to the Router
when you change bands.  Perhaps Win-Test isn't doing this right.

If you still can't figure it out, please send screen shots of every
relevant dialog in the Router and Win-Test.