[WT-support] Resend DVK Scripts IC7610

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Mar 3 20:05:46 CET 2019

For some reason this post below never made it to my inbox, so there may be
a problem with the arrl.net forwarding service to my gmail.  Another
Win-Test subscriber, subscribed via a Gmail address, reports that his
subscription was just disabled due to "excessive bounces".  I don't
understand that one.

In any case, this is the first report I've seen like this.  Make sure
REPEAT mode is disabled (type NOREPEAT [Enter]).  I assume Advanced SO2R
mode is disabled, so no scenarios are executed.  I also suppose it's
possible that RF is getting in to the keyboard, especially if the problem
goes away with reduced power.  Check the keyboard repeat rate setting in
Windows.

Note that by default the install script assigns both the F1 and period [ .
] keys to call CQ, so if you're accidentally activating both keys or one of
them is stuck that could also cause a problem.

Do you have any other Icom devices in a "CI-V chain" with Y-adapters?  In
the IC-7610 is the *USB CI-V Port* option set to *Unlink from [REMOTE]*?
Is the IC-7610 firmware up to date?  Does the PlayHalt script on the Escape
key interrupt the second message?