[WT-support] Issues...

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Oct 4 19:57:48 CEST 2018

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 7:00 AM Bob Glasgow <bob.gm4uyz at talktalk.net> wrote:

> Issue 1: I am trying to register a PC and when I enter the details I get
> the following www.win-test.com took too long to respond
> ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
>
>                 I have tried it from 2 x PC’s through my Broadband
> Connection and also via 4G on my Telephone.
>
>                 Any Ideas?

Perhaps a temporary outage or denial of service attack?  Seems fine now

http://www.win-test.com/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=1870

> Issue2: I am trying to update the country data files on all the club’s
> PC’s ready for CQWW. They are just timing out. What is odd though is that I
> can try it again and maybe get one of them to download but then not the
> others.

I had a similar issue yesterday but it works fine now.

http://www.country-files.com/cty/cty_wt_mod.dat

See also my script for downloading / updating all country and check-partial
files with one command

https://www.kkn.net/~n6tv/wtscripts/UpdateCtySCP.zip

Issue 3: On my Home PC running windows 10 and McAfee I download a WinTest
> version. When I go to run it it deletes the shortcut and the WT4.exe file.
> My gut feeling it is McAfee that is doing it but I don’t know how to tell
> it that this is allowed.

Add a folder exclusion to McAfee.  See

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB50998