[WT-support] Win-Test & 4O3A Interface Genius

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Sun Aug 26 16:19:53 CEST 2018

On 08/25/18 21:42 PM, Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:

>     I love having my paddle speed always synced with my logger software
>     speed. Winkey seems to be the only way to accomplish that currently. So
>     far my Winkey USB has been working flawlessly with Win-Test. Com port
>     keying also is amazingly good with Win-Test - considering it's W10 OS -
>     but I want my paddle speed synced.
>

> My free Win-Test add-on scripts for Elecraft and Icom provide that
> feature (you can even set the radio's keyer speed slightly slower than
> Win-Test if you like).
>
> See https://bit.ly/wtscripts .
>
> I still wonder what transceiver you're using.  I can probably add paddle
> speed sync if needed, assuming your transceiver supports speed changes
> via software commands.

I'm still using my 30 year old FT1000D. I assume your scripts access a
radio's built in keyer and voice memories (if available). I don't have
the Yaesu DVK unit.

Here's what got me started thinking about one of high dollar appliances:
It's all about phone, even though I never operated much phone. I've been
tearing my hair out the last couple of weekends trying to get a good
voice keyer going using stuff I had going good 20 years ago (MFJ-1275
based). I don't have much more hair to lose...

I've tried the sound card alone method, but have not succeeded in
getting Win-Test to mute the mic during message playback.

When I bring the 1275 into the mix, I'm getting some strange low-level
background garbage that I can't seem to cure.

-Steve K8LX