[WT-support] Win-test qso recording

NOEL POULIN ve2fww at globetrotter.net
Tue Sep 12 23:49:59 CEST 2017

Hello Everybody,
I am coming back again with that topic....qso recording with win-test.
Here is my set up
DELL T3500 XEON with WINDOWS XP PRO (SP3)
TWO sound cards: one is a sound blaster LIVE, the other one is ON BOARD
SOUND MAX FROM DELL.
The transceiver is an Elecraft K3S.
Win-test is vers is 4.23.
In MP3 CONFIGURATION, the MPEG codec available is FraunhoferIIS MPEG
LAYER-3 CODEC (PROFESSIONAL)
I have tried many times with the two sound cards...to have a decent
recording...but no joy yet....
All I have is file witch is very weak in volume...
The audio from theK3S  is going to the LINE IN of the sound blaster
Live...with max recording volume...
The bargraph in Win-test doesn't move at all....
I have tried also the second sound card.....line in/...same
result....very weak recording....
I have a question....is Win-test also recording TX sound????
When I listen to the recorded files, I SO NOT HEAR MY TX SOUND....
I wonder what am I DOING WRONG?
I need help....
By the way I tried also with WINDOWS 7.... same results....
Thanks very much
Noel