[WT-support] Re WINT-TEST RECORDING

paterson gordon gordon.paterson at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 11 11:33:19 CEST 2017

As others have said, it doesn't need to be loud as you can turn the volume up to
hear the playback..

However I also prefer not to have the Windows recording settings set at maximum
and prefer it to be less than 50%. I prefer to have just enough audio drive from
the radio to make the LED bargraph at flicker. It should not be showing 100% or
the recording will be bad. I find if it just flickers on and off, then that will
be enough audio to make a good recording. Experiment for best settings.

If you are connecting from a line-out on your transceiver, there will most
likely be a menu item to increase the line-out volume. Increase it while
watching the WT LED's for activity.  Or if you struggle to find a way to make an
adjustment, plug an audio splitter cable into the headphone socket of your radio
and then plug the headphones and audio lead for the PC into the splitter. Now
just changing volume will change the level presented to the PC soundcard. You
then adjust by volume control and windows recording settings.

Cheers.

Gordon

MM0GPZ