[WT-support] WINT-TEST RECORDING

Alexander Kurpiers a.kurpiers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 19:22:14 CEST 2017

Hi Noel,

probably everything is fine. Audio has lots of dynamic range, so you
probably just need to turn up the volume on playback. Usually it is
better to have low audio than to have distortions due to clipping at
high audio levels.

Win-Test does not offer a recording level control, so you have to use
the usual Windows audio mixer settings.
Some modern transceivers with build in USB audio do not offer audio
mixer, there you have to adjust the recording level deep in the
transceiver menu (TS590 for example).
Sometimes the USB audio codecs turn on AGC - better to turn it off (also
in Windows audio mixer settings).

73' Alexander