[WT-support] restoring a wintest log from the .wt4 backup file

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sun Oct 15 18:34:42 CEST 2017

Hi Steve

Le 15/10/2017 à 18:03, g4edg at aol.com a écrit :

> Can you tell me how to restore the log from the backup .wt4 file or how
> to use the .err file.....I can find no reference to this in the help
> documentation.

You normally only need to replace the backup file extension by .wt4, but
be VERY CAUTIOUS to not overwrite the fixed log.

In all cases, I strongly recommend to make a backup of all files related
to your log (copy / paste in another directory), before working on them.

You can zip and send me all your files *privately* so I can check them
and try to restore the missing Q (no guarantee unfortunately).

Remember Jan. 7 2015 - #JeSuisCharlie
Remember Nov. 13 2015 - #JeSuisParis
Remember July 14 2016 - #JeSuisNice