[WT-support] Can't send CW with Win-Test > RHR using K3/0 Mini

Bob Wilson radio.k4xaa at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 17:53:13 CET 2017

This feels like a newbie question, but I'll swallow my pride. I'm a new
user to both RHR and Win-Test. Been using RHR with the K3/0 Mini for ~ a
week w/o issue. Installed my licensed copy of WT 4.25.0 last night. My
problem is that I can't get WT to send cw! I have the basics working... DX
Cluster, band map and band change work regardless whether initiated from
WT, RHR web app, or the mini. I'm using the default config in WT for a K3,
with the exception of baud = 9600, as specified by the RHR helper app.

Absolutely nothing happens when I attempt to send one of the F-key messages
(and I've confirmed they're not blank)! Ditto for Alt-K sending. The WT
default for K3 has DTR/RTS set to Always OFF/Always OFF. That didn't seem
right, so I tried CW/PTT. Note that this setting kills auto-connect to
DXCluster (it sent username too soon). I also tried it from the K3 end,
tweaking Config:PTT-KEY. The default = OFF-OFF; I tried rts-dtr. Note that
this setting causes me to lose control of RHR from the mini (just endless
"WAIT..." in the K3 display). I'm thinking I'm close to a solution but
can't find the "magic combination."