[WT-support] Fresh Install Wintest Fails

stewart at gm4aff.net stewart at gm4aff.net
Thu Oct 20 22:11:11 CEST 2016

Bob,

I was using Windows 7 64-bit - not Windows 10. And yes, that is the
KeySpan device I have.

As a matter of interest I ran my old XP laptop with the Keyspan adapter
and Wintest 4.11 and it worked (last night). This evening I upgraded
Wintest to 4.22 and the Keyspan stopped working - or at least it stopped
getting info from the radio - it still supported CW and PTT! I swapped
it for the FTDI device I have, and hey presto, that works with Wintest
4.22. So there is an inconsistency with the USB to Serial adapters - on
XP at least.

73
Stewart