[WT-support] IOTA Poblem

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jul 29 18:46:59 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 9:11 AM, G3WVG <g3wvg at btinternet.com> wrote:

> I have a problem. We are setting up for a multi-2 entry in IOTA. But what
> ever I do both of the networked computers calls themselves R1 in the
> logging field. Please can you point me in the right direction to switch one
> of computers the to R2.
> Command|Station type is stuck on R1

Good find Ian, thanks for the report.

Apparently the IOTA contest rules were updated in 2016 to add a new
category, "Island Multi-2," but no one brought this to the attention of the
Win-Test developers?

First, per the 2016 IOTA Rules
<http://www.rsgbcc.org/hf/rules/2016/riota.shtml>,  "there is no World
Station Multi-Operator category."  Only "Island Multi-1" and "Island
Multi-2".

Assuming you put an IOTA number in the Exchange box at the top right corner
of the Contest Configuration dialog, and set the category to Mulioperator,
Two Transmitter, you *should* be able to type RUN1 or RUN2 [Enter], or use
the menu to select  Commands -> Station Type -> RUN2, *but it is grayed out*
.

The *good news* is that you can still press *Ctrl-F3* or *Alt-Y* to toggle
the station type between R1 and R2, and the "Sticky" setting still works.

The *bad news* is that this transmitter ID is not being recorded as a 0 or
1 in the Cabrillo file.

I tried WT 4.22.0-dev Rev. 681, and the results were the same

For this weekend, I suggest setting the station type to R1 or R2 with
Ctrl-F3 or Alt-Y so that it is recorded in the .WT4 file, then we can
generate a proper Cabrillo log later, with some cut and paste from the text
file (.txt) output (Radio / Status column "R1" = 0, "R2" = 1), or perhaps
another development release of Win-Test will fix both problems by the time
the logs are due (7 August 2016 at 23:59:59 UTC).