[WT-support] DVK TS590

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sun Aug 28 13:33:40 CEST 2016

Hi Ian

Le 28/08/2016 à 12:56, G3WVG a écrit :

> Has anyone please had any success using the TS590 internal sound card with the WinTest DVK function?  (At present I use my laptops internal sound card and connect to the radio via an audio cable and isolating transformer plus loads of ferrites. It works fine but it would be neater just to have a USB lead.) If anyone has done this successfully perhaps you could point me to any documentation. So far I've failed dismally! By the way I'm using Windows 7.

The most difficult part of this is to handle the PTT, as the TS590 has
two different PTT inputs, depending on the audio source : One for the
front mic connector, and another one devoted to the USB stream (PKS pin
on ACC2 connector). And these two PTT are exclusive. It means that if
you switch the TS590 with the usual PTT input, no USB audio will go
thru, and if you switch it with the PKS input, no mic audio will go thru.

This, and many other information on audio paths, are very clearly
described in the following documentation :

http://ts590family.zs2ez.co.za/TS-590S_TECHNOTE_ssb_audio_handling_v1.1.pdf

So, unless you're using the VOX, the best way is to connect your
microphone to the audio input of your PC sound card, and set it as
"pass-thru" to the TS590 USB codec output (you will notice a small
delay), and always use the PKS input as PTT on your transceiver.

Remember Jan. 7 2015 - #JeSuisCharlie
Remember Nov. 13 2015 - #JeSuisParis
Remember July 14 2016 - #JeSuisNice