[WT-support] Win-Test Documentation PDF available again

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Thu Sep 24 12:29:46 CEST 2015

HI Bob,

> I followed the links from http://docs.win-test.com.  But I had to do some
> navigation to pick the right file  The direct link to the latest version
> seems to be:
>
> http://docs.win-test.com/pdf/downloads/manual.pdf

we have exactly the same directory structure as before, the
link on the right intentionaly goes to the structure as there
will be daily and monthly backup copies for convenience.

> I noticed many of the screen shots (PNG files) in the new PDF do not seem
> to be rendered correctly.  I think it may be an image compression issue,
> and we had this problem before (in 2008).  Here's the HTMLDOC option we
> used to solve it last time:
>
> htmldoc -t pdf14 `cat ../htmldoc.allpages` > ../win- test.pdf

that script has not changed.

> Also, what is in http://docs.win-test.com/pdf/daily/NEW_win-test.pdf?  It
> seems to be much smaller than the other files.

please have a look at the wt-documentation mailing list archive, I guess we
tried to switch / reorganize something.

sorry, I don't remember by myself.

> The older copy still seems to be here:
>
> http://download.win-test.com/docs/en/manual.pdf
>
> Will that copy be updated automatically as it used to be?

I guess this is a job that must be done by the win-test guys, as
download.win-test.com an other server.

73's de Werner DL4NER
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier