[WT-support] Win-Test Documentation PDF available again (2)

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Thu Sep 24 13:30:18 CEST 2015

Hi Bob,

> I noticed many of the screen shots (PNG files) in the new PDF do not seem
> to be rendered correctly.  I think it may be an image compression issue,

TL;DR: fixed.

Long version:

yes and no. somehow the htmldoc did do some PNG files wrong.
I could not find out what happened, it might be an incompatibility issue
with the libpng libaries. installed is htmldoc from ubunut, 1.8.27.x.
on the htmldoc page I can find that in 1.8.28.x they changet the bundled
imaging libraries...

but as I don't want to install something out of the distribution, I managed
the following workaround:

- converted all pngs to gif (as the loss of information on those screenshot
  is not noticeable)
- fixed the static htmls to use the gifs instead of png
- build pdf from that files

positive side-effect: the PDF now is much smaller (19 MB instead of 29MB).

73's de Werner DL4NER
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier
http://www.maiers.de/