[WT-support] Number of CQs made?

George K5KG georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 20:15:53 CET 2015

Hi Hal,

First of all, tnx for your efforts in the contest. Unfortunately, the
signal from VY1AAA was barely perceptible, if at all, down here in FL.
When I tried to work you, I just could not copy the serial nr.   I know
you tried several times, but it just wasn't going to happen.
Fortunately, I worked VE8EV toward the end of the contest, so I got the
sweep.  When I worked him, there was no pile up, and he sent me nr. 4,
so he must have just started, although he had been spotted.

I saw you spotted at the beginning of the contest, but did not try to
work you. I was blazing on 15M then.  I figured that you would be
workable all contest, but boy was I fooled, hi.

Why do you think the VY1AAA signal was so poor down this way?  Was it
propagation, or were the antennas and/or RF power the limiting causes?

With regard to how many CQs you sent, maybe some skimmer guru could
figure it out.  You must have made a bunch, huh?

73, George.

On 11/9/2015 12:48 PM, Hal Offutt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to find out how many CQs you made in a contest?
>
> Thanks,
>
> 73 Hal W1NN
> op at VY1AAA in SSCW

George Wagner, K5KG