[WT-support] IOTA Contest in V4.17.0 - Cabrillo Issue

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 29 19:38:22 CEST 2015

Bob,

>From the Win-Test menu, select Commands | Station Type.

If "Sticky setting" is not selected, then every time you reopen the log or
restart Win-Test, the station type will be changed back from Mult to Run
(the default).

In sum, *everyone should always select "Sticky setting,"* but most forget
to do that.

For suggestions on how to generate a Cabrillo file with all STN1 QSOs
marked "RUN" and all STN2 QSOs marked "MULT", see

http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2013-January/082636.html

If you don't have a text editor like Emacs that can paste columns, instead
of a exporting to a text file, you export to a .csv file, and import the
.csv into Excel or similar, then regenerate the QSO lines.

This is a common problem for M/2 and M/S logs.  Win-Test has a very nice
menu for correcting operator ID throughout an entire log (Tools |
Correcting op. over a QSO range...).  But what we *really* could use is a
new option:

Tools | *Correct Station Type over a QSO range*

This new dialog would prompt you, for example, to change STN1 to RUN and
STN2 to MULT (or RUN1/RUN2 for M/2 logs), perhaps over a subset of QSOs
instead of the entire log.

There is no way I can write a LUA script to do this because wtQso:GetData()
doesn't return the station name.