[WT-support] Status window (Alt-J) for multi-op shows RX freq. rather than TX freq?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Aug 13 04:29:12 CEST 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 2:37 AM, Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net> wrote:

> Let's say you're at a multi-op, on phone, where some of the bands are
> running in Split mode.  The Win-Test status window (Alt-J) seems to always
> show the Rx freq (VFO A) of radios in the network, rather than the Tx freq
> (VFO B).  I think we always want the status window to show the Tx freq, so
> you an op. "We are also on 7.095" during CQs.  When passing multipliers
> between bands, we need to pass them to the Tx freq first, not the Rx freq.

Let me correct and clarify what I was trying to say:

I think multi-ops will always want the status window to show the TX freq.
of the other bands, so that an operator at one position can announce:

"We are also on 7.095"
-or-

"Can you please QSY to 7.095?"

to pass a station to another band.

For those of you that operate at multi-multi stations, wouldn't you want
the current TX freq. of other stations displayed in the status window,
rather than the RX freq, which Win-Test does now?

The TX freq. could also be saved in the Cabrillo file, so that QSOs made
while operating split won't look like transmissions out of band.  If this
can be fixed before CQ WW Phone, that would be great.

The only thing to watch out for:  DX cluster spots posted manually via
Ctrl-Enter,  or shared via Alt-F3, still need to show the DX's frequency
(the RX frequency), not the TX freq.

The rules could be simplified if it's just too complex to determine the
transmitting VFO for all the different radio models.

If Split, assume B = TX Freq , A = RX Freq
If not Split, A = Both TX Freq and RX Freq

What say Larry?