[WT-support] QTC Problem

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Tue Aug 11 15:42:06 CEST 2015

Hello Larry,

Since you are rewriting the QTC code, would you please consider adding  a
line at the bottom of the main window that always shows the number of
available QTCs?

Currently, the only time the available QTCs are displayed is when there is
a call sign in the call entry field.  It would be very helpful to have the
number of available QTCs displayed even if there is no call in the call
entry  field.  Many times stations will call in asking for QTC's and, at that
moment I don't know their call, and the number of available QTCs is not
shown.

Tnx, George.

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL 34242
941-400-1960

In a message dated 8/11/2015 7:08:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
f6fvy at free.fr writes:

Hi Bob  et al.

Le 10/08/2015 18:50, Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> If  the log is in sync, but not the QTCs, the correct thing to do is to
>  copy the .WT4.QTC file, not the log file  But if the station name is  in
> the .QTC file, I don't know know how to correct that.

The  QTC file doesn't include the station name. It can be copied from one
machine to the other with no problem. Only its name has to be modified
to match the .wt4 name, as I described earlier.

> Win-Test does  a pretty good job of re-synchronizing QSOs if a computer
> goes down,  and then comes back up.  What about QTCs?

Actually, the sync is  not so good, and has several flaws (missing Qs)
under some circonstances.  I'm currently working on it by rewriting it
totally, with good results so  far. Once done, I will consider the QTCs.
But I'm not sure it will happen  before WAEDC 2016.

Remember Jan.  7 2015 -  #JeSuisCharlie
Support  mailing  list
support at win-test.com