[WT-support] Status window (Alt-J) for multi-op shows RX freq. rather than TX freq?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Aug 11 11:37:50 CEST 2015

Maybe Win-Test has always worked this way, but it doesn't seem right.

Let's say you're at a multi-op, on phone, where some of the bands are
running in Split mode.  The Win-Test status window (Alt-J) seems to always
show the Rx freq (VFO A) of radios in the network, rather than the Tx freq
(VFO B).  I think we always want the status window to show the Tx freq, so
you an op. "We are also on 7.095" during CQs.  When passing multipliers
between bands, we need to pass them to the Tx freq first, not the Rx freq.

I realize that some radios, mostly older Icoms, cannot report the VFO B
frequency.  But you can still enter Split mode in these radios using the
[-] key, and then it shows up OK in the band map as VFO B (but not in the
network).

So, can this be changed?  Instead of displaying Radio 1 / Radio 2 (not
commonly used at multi-multi), maybe display both VFO A and VFO B in the
same space, whenever the station on the LAN is operating Split (VFO B
column could stay blank when they are not split).

FYI, I tried this with a K3 in split mode.  The network status window
showed the VFO A (Rx) freq. instead of VFO B (Tx freq).  The band map
window shows both frequencies OK, with "Split" properly indicated, but
that's not visible to any other station on the network.

Yes, we could use PASSFREQ to handle this, but that requires the operator
to remember to manually update the PASSFREQ every time his Tx freq changes.