[WT-support] How to avoid automatic SSB message bank selection??
Bob Wilson, N6TV
n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Mar 28 14:51:47 CET 2014
On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 5:13 AM, Tonno Vahk <tonno.vahk at gmail.com> wrote:
> How to avoid the logging in triggering change of the message bank??
Win-Test changes message banks to match the operator's voice, because that
makes the most sense for most operations, especially for WPX SSB, where
every operator has to speak into the microphone *for every contact*, CQ or
S&P, because of the serial number. It is confusing for people on the other
side to understand what is happening when the voice of the CQ doesn't match
the voice of their own callsign. They are not sure if they are working the
But, here are two ways to avoid voice message changes:
1. Don't use OPON/OPOFF at all. Use Alt-N to make a note of every
2. Limit messages by using MK2R+ or similar as *external DVK* instead of
as external sound card like "USB Voice CODEC":
1. SETUP [Enter]
2. *Uncheck* Enable Sound Card Voice Keyer
3. Click *OK*
4. MKSETUP [Enter]
5. *Check "*Enable the DVK Integrated into the microHAM Device"
6. Click *OK*
7. Program messages using Router software, not Win-Test
8. Test by pressing F1 in Win-Test
If using Classic Auto Control instead of microHAM control protocol, you
must use program the LPT port pins to activate the DVK messages.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Support