[WT-support] Administrative messages

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Mar 6 19:44:04 CET 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:18 AM, f6ira <f6ira at sfr.fr> wrote:

> it would be very useful to have the possibility to showing in periods
> defined while a few seconds or to make scroll somewhere on the screen some
> reminders of commands

The only "reminder" mechanism in Win-Test is the Sked window (Alt-E and
Alt-B).  You could make a "Sked" every hour to remind operators to enter
OPON/OPOFF, but it may not work very well since the message only appears
briefly at the bottom of the display.

One could write a LUA script that displays a pop-up window every 10 QSOs
that displays "Remember to type OPON!," but I think most people would hate
that.

It would be really nice if there was a LUA function that could display a
text window similar to the Check Partial or Extra Data windows.  Then I
could implement reminder messages.  I could also use it to implement a
"Visible Dupe Sheet" window, which is *so* important to have in Sprint
contests, but it is not supported by Win-Test.

For a description of the Visible Dupe Sheet requirement and F5MZN's reply,
please see:

http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2007-September/074495.html(feature
request)
http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2007-September/074526.html (reply