[WT-support] If you used Win-Test in the NA Sprint, must edit Cabrillo file for KL7s

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Sep 9 09:21:33 CEST 2007

Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:
> FYI, Win-Test 3.16 is putting "DX" in the exchange column of the
> Cabrillo file for all QSOs with KL7 in the NA Sprint contest, regardless
> of what was logged.  So, be sure to use a text editor to change all the
> KL7 QSOs from "DX" to "AK", before submitting your NA Sprint Cabrillo
> file (or resubmit the log if you have already sent it this way).

A fix will be available soon. Actually, I have been requested by some of
the adjudicators to put "DX" in the report field for non-NA stations,
regardless of what was logged. TBH I don't like so much doing that way
because you (in my opinion, the cabrillo log should reflect exactly what
was logged): this is (IMHO) the best way to loose points because of a
bug in the software (or an exotic callsign operating from a different
QTH than its prefix would let assume).

BTW, I wonder if that bug is only for KL7 or for every non-NA stations
which are not W or VE... A little birdie told me that all NA stations
(but W/VE) are concerned!

> Other than that, Win-Test worked great for me in this NA Sprint.  The
> only feature I really miss, compared to TRlog, is the "visible dupe
> sheet."  You really need it in this fast contest since your hands are
> busy spinning the tuning knob.

Thanks for the good words. We have your "visible dupe sheet" request in
mind but I think we will differ it to Win-Test v4.

Thanks and 73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn