[WT-support] Contest Recorder

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Jul 19 04:33:53 CEST 2014

Are you trying to use the same device as both a voice keyer and audio
recorder at the same time?

That is not supported.

In Interfaces Configuration (SETUP [Enter]), under "Voice Keyer", *unhcheck*
"Enable Sound Card".  Does the problem go away?

If not, type MP3SETUP [Enter].  The "Playback" device must be different
than the "Recorder" device, e.g. Playback should be "Speakers" and Recorder
should be "Microphone".

If you can't figure it out, please send me a screen shot of your Interfaces
Configuration screen and your MP3 Configuration screen.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 7:04 PM, John <km5ps at cox.net> wrote:

>  On 7/17/2014 7:32 PM, Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:
>
> Are you using LAME or Fraunhofer?  Fraunhofer is recommended.  Is it
> Windows 7 or 8?  32-bit or 64-bit?  Are you running Win-Test in
> Administrator mode?
>
>  Please read:
>
>  http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2013-October/083286.html
>
>  The "Chortkeh fix" (batch file that you download and run as
> Administrator) has worked well for me to enable Fraunhofer, on both Windows
> 7 32-bit and 64-bit.  But it modifies the Windows Registry; if you're not
> comfortable attempting that, do a backup first.
>
> 73,
> Bob, N6TV
>
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 5:27 PM, John <km5ps at cox.net> wrote:
>
>>  On 7/17/2014 7:22 PM, John wrote:
>>
>>> I have been trying to get my contest recorder to work in WT 4.13.0.
>>> Everytime I open it up and start the recording program, it crashes WT.  I
>>> have went in and selected my sound card options, it looks pretty straight
>>> forward.  I was just wondering if anyone else has been having this problem
>>> when using the contest recorder?  Any suggestions would be great.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> John
>>> KM5PS