[WT-support] RX recording with W7

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Oct 24 20:27:22 CEST 2013

See also this post by
F6FVY<http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2010-March/079431.html>where
he recommends enabling the Fraunhofer CODEC on Windows 7 rather than
LAME.  The new link to the info. is:

http://www.komeil.com/blog/enable-fraunhofer-mp3-l3codecp-acm-windows#

The manual procedure is rather complicated, but they say it works OK on
Windows 7 64-bit too.

There is also a batch file you can download that is supposed to do the
complete job, but you have to carefully click the *small blue* "Download"
link, *not* the big green DOWNLOAD (CODEC package)" advertisement links on
this page:

http://www.komeil.com/download/264

to download:
chortkeh-fix-mp3-codec.cmdPatch to enable Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 ACM
codec (professional) in Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows Server 2008

Once you download the .cmd file, be sure to right click on the .cmd file
and select "Run as Administrator".  I haven't tried it myself yet.