[WT-support] Radio 1 Band Map

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jul 7 18:04:49 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 7:45 AM, N8UM <n8um at comcast.net> wrote:

> When using the Radio 1 Bandmap, is there any way to disable the pop up
> that shows who spotted the station when you linger over the call?  PS, WT
> 4.13 appears to be functioning fine on my machine…

No, not that I am aware of.

However, you can navigate through the spots in the band map much more
efficiently by using the keyboard instead of the mouse.  Press Ctrl+Up and
Ctrl+Down.  You will see no pop-ups.  The new Display Options -> Time and
Spotter will show all the data for the current spot in the bottom of the
band map window (both in List view and Bandmap view).  You can also press
Ctrl+Del to remove a bad or "stale" spot.

Using keys instead of the mouse also has another advantage.  Using those
keys with the "MatchCwSpeed" LUA scripts, you can have Win-Test
automatically set your CW keying speed to match the CW speed displayed by
CW Skimmer spots (+/- a few WPM if you like).  That might come in handy
this weekend if the 1x1 WRTC competitors are sending at 40 WPM while
everyone else is sending at 32 WPM.

See http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2013-December/083439.html for
more details.