[WT-support] Problems with V4.13

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Sun Jul 6 07:25:07 CEST 2014

I've tried to install V4.13 Update on 3 of K8AZ's 6 Win-Test PC's which all
use Win-7 32-bit.  After installation, Win-Test failed to start with the
same Problem Signature.

Problem signature:

  Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH

  Application Name:                             wt.exe

  Application Version:                           4.0.0.0

  Application Timestamp:                     53b2ae56

  Fault Module Name:                          wt.exe

  Fault Module Version:                        4.0.0.0

  Fault Module Timestamp:                  53b2ae56

  Exception Code:                                  c0000005

  Exception Offset:                                00219abc

  OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.27

  Locale ID:                                             1033

  Additional Information 1:                  0a9e

  Additional Information 2:
0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

  Additional Information 3:                  0a9e

  Additional Information 4:
0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

On one of the machines I totally uninstalled Win-Test - All Files and
Folders - and did a reinstall with the full V4.13.  I got the same result
with the same Problem Signature.

I then tried starting Win-Test, but without the WT.INI that had worked
without problem with V4.12.  Win-Test started with the Default WT.INI -
albeit lacking the Registration Information.

I then wondered what would happen if I used the original WT.INI with the
Registration Information removed.   Win-Test started - Unregistered of
course.

Basically the 6 Validation Codes sent previuously by the Robot that worked
with V4.12 do not work with V4.13.  I have not re-registered the software in
the hope that some fix might be forthcoming.  I'm mentioning it here in the
event that others experience the same problem.

73 - Dave, W9PA