[WT-support] Test request: anyone with a rotator that you're controlling with wtRotators or PstRotatorsAz

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jan 14 02:10:52 CET 2014

I recently opened Task
#344<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=344&do=details>when I
discovered that wtRotators would not connect with a rotator on COM10
or higher, only COM9 and below.

Unfortunately, I'm now away from the station where I was trying this
(W7RN), and before I left I reconfigured every rotator to use COM9 and
below.

So, can anyone with a computer-controlled rotator please try the new
version?

Step by step:

   1. Use Windows Device Manager (DEVMGMT.MSC) to change the rotator's COM
   port address to COM10 or higher (expand "Ports (COM & LPT)", double-click
   on COMx, click on Port Settings tab, click Advanced, change COM port number
   to COM10 or higher, press OK)
   2. Start the old wtRotators 1.4.1 or 1.3, select Controllers -> Edit,
   and change the COM port to COM10 or higher (same one selected in step 1)
   3. Verify that you now get the message "COM1x failed to open, Com port
   already in use?"
   4. Exit wtRotators and start wtRotators_dev.exe (wtRotators 1.4.2, from
   http://download.win-test.com/wtRotators/nightly/wtRotators_dev.zip, save
   in Win-Test install directory)
   5. Does it work?  If not, verify that you really started 1.4.2 (click
   Help -> About)

Thanks!