[WT-support] CORRECTING: Win-test newbie questions Parts I and II

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jan 14 19:49:07 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 5:35 AM, Bob Shohet, KQ2M <kq2m at kq2m.com> wrote:

> If you are using a no-tune amp like the ACOM 2000A, that has a DB9
> connector for band data input directly from the radio,
> is it advisable to use a Y adapter with 2  DB9’s so that you can feed that
> band data output to the band decoder and
> the Amp?  I know that the ACOM 2000A adjusts in a few seconds to the
> transmit freq. but I suspect that it would
> adjust more quickly if it received the band data info immediately from the
> radio.  Or would using the Y adapter
> possibly compromise the info provided to the band decoder?

Yes, I use Y-adapters (on an Elecraft K3, not FT-1000MP) to split band data
output to up to three devices at once: a Top Ten Band Decoder (which drives
bandpass filters), a KPA500 amp, and a microHAM double six switch (similar
to an Array Solutions SixPak).  I didn't try it with an MP.

Note:  please limit further questions in this reflector to those pertaining
directly to Win-Test.  Thanks.