[WT-support] TI5/CT1ILT Help with K3+Win-test

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Feb 14 19:21:42 CET 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have changed into CW QRQ in K3 menu.
>
> is there anything else I should look at?

CW QRQ mode will go off if you turn the RIT ON.  If you don't see a little
"+" symbol in the K3 display, QRQ mode is OFF (even if enabled in menu).

As already mentioned, type NOSOUND [Enter] in the WT logging window.

CONFIG:TX DLY should be set to the minimum value (8 ms).

If you want to send faster than 36 WPM and use the RIT, you have to use
Win-Test generated PTT.  WinKey generated PTT will not work.

As Steef mentioned, the complete details are here:

http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2013-November/083384.html

Finally, you can increase the CW weight if you think the dots and dashes
are too short.  Type WEIGHT [Enter] in the logging window, set value to
3.1, but this does not sound like your issue.