[WT-support] CW sending problem

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Feb 4 05:44:34 CET 2013

Hi Hamad,

Did you adjust the PTT Lead and Tail settings for the Winkey inside the
Router software (not Win-Test), as suggested by W4TV?

Are you using the Winkey default settings 1200,N,8,2 DTR=Handshake,
RTS=Handshake?  Try setting DTR and RTS to NONE in the Win-Test SETUP menu.

If it still doesn't work, try installing the new microHAM Router v8.3.1 and
 microKEYER II firmware version 5.2 which was just released 2 days ago.  It
has updates for the Eltima (virtual COM port) code.

Download from:

http://www.microham.com/contents/en-us/d29_downloads.html

If that doesn't help either, you may have to give up trying to use the
Winkey with Win-Test and instead build or buy a legacy COM port keying
circuit.

You can plug your paddles directly into the radio to use the Internal keyer
of the FT-2000D.  The FT-2000D uses the same software commands for keyer
control as the Elecraft K3, so you can use the PageUp, PageDown, and AltV
keyer control scripts from K3scripts.zip (see http://bit.ly/wtscripts) to
sync the FT-2000D's internal keyer speed with the Win-Test COM port keying
speed.  It's all described in the documentation inside that Zip file.  If
you try it and it works, please let me know and I will add them to
FT2000scripts.zip