[WT-support] Win-Test Problem

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Dec 12 19:35:25 CET 2013

Yes, others have seen this.  See

http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2006-October/072341.html
http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2008-December/076832.html

This message is displayed whenever there is a problem with network
communications.  It can also happen if the software has trouble
communicating with the radio.  Is frequency display in the Win-Test band
map affected when this happens?

It could be caused by a hardware issue, such as a loose or faulty Ethernet
connector, RFI getting into the router or cables, or other issues.  Are you
using only *wired* Ethernet or are you using WiFi?  Are there any other
computers in the LAN, or just one?  Are you running wtDxTelnet on the same
machine or a different machine?  Is the broadcast address set to the same
value in both Win-Test and wtDxTelnet?

Are you using a router, hub, or swtich?  Are you using STP (shielded
twisted pair), or UTP (unshielded twisted pair) Ethernet cables?  Shielded
is recommended.

Does it happen even when no one is transmitting?  Was there a active cell
phone or cordless phone close to the router, LAN cables, or US Interface
Navigator?