[WT-support] WT and a K3

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Nov 26 03:52:01 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM, <Georgek5kg at aol.com> wrote:

> **
> I am using WT with my K3 in the contest this weekend (WW CW).  Something
> is happening that I have not seen before.  When I am CQ'ing, occasionally
> the K3 will let out a "bleep", the RIT will turn on, and the RIT yellow LED
> will light to the right or left of center.  There does not seem to be any
> pattern for when the "bleep" happens, and the RIT turns on.  If I turn the
> RIT off, the CQ'ing will trun it back on.
>
> Could this be caused by some parameter in WT?

No, unless you are running some Win-Test scripts, or you have the WinKey
port mixed up with the radio port or something strange.

I would need far more details about ALL of your hardware and serial ports
to even begin to debug what's going on.

Start by sending me your log (.WT4 file) and your WT.INI and
Advanced_SO2R.INI files (File | Explore | /cfg directory).

Are you using a microHAM box or some type of USB-to-Serial adapter?  How
are you sending CW?  COM, LPT, WinKey?

What firmware version are you using in your K3?