[WT-support] Winkey sending only single character

Simon Schelkshorn simon at schelkshorn.de
Wed Nov 14 22:07:49 CET 2012

Hi Joe,

> A couple years ago I had occasion to debug a problem with slow or
> erratic sending with WT and WinKey.  At that time it became clear
> that WT sent one character to the WinKey chip, waited for the echo,
> and then sent the next character.  If your serial over IP box is
> suppressing the echo (or has disabled echo) or you have configured
> the Winkey device to disable echo, you will get the described
> behavior - one CW character then halt.
I know that Win-Test is sending character by character, but thanks for
pointing that out. Maybe this is the right direction to search even
though there is no option to suppress the echo of the Winkey in the
driver of the device server.

What makes me wonder is that I do not do any changes to the setup at all
just restart Win-Test several times to get it working. Once it is
working after starting Win-Test it is absolutely reliable.

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ