[WT-support] Getting data out of Win-Test

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jul 20 11:29:54 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 1:49 AM, Christian Janssen <chris at dl1mgb.com> wrote:

> I already know about creating CSV files out of WT. The plan is more to
> have an automatic tool to do this job. and using the writelog command
> with more than 100k QSOs takes a while.

The only built-in option is to export .lgs (LogSearch format) files every
few minutes, via one "unused" computer on the LAN (because that computer
will be locked up until the backup completes).

See Options | Automatic Backup
...<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Automatic_backup...>

LogSearch format is very terse, but readable, which is a good thing.  See

http://www.5b4wn.com/main/m78.html

But I guess you already know about that too, such you mentioned ClubLog,
which reads .LGS files.

The WT4 file format itself is intentionally undocumented.