[WT-support] Skimmer spots makes Wintest network very slow

Jose Ramon jr.hierro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:46:49 CET 2012

Hi
In our multi-op setup we cannot divert to the network spots generated from
a skimmer dxcluster. It gets very slow. This specially upsets the Runner
station, tab from one field to another takes half of a second, etc...

Our internet connection comes from a DSL router some kilometers away to a
WIFI router and then wired to an inhouse router. I haven't analyze the
packets but my guess is that all spots are going forward and back again
from the main router throughout the whole wired and wireless network.

Is there any other method to provide spots to the stations than
broadcasting them?

73
Jose, EA7KW