[WT-support] Callsign field voice spell out

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Oct 27 00:23:22 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 1:13 PM, SM5AJV <sm5ajv at qrq.se> wrote:

> If you think it's OK you need to make a more fully functional
> script.

Nice work Ingo.  I didn't know about the sndrec32 command, or os.execute().
 There is always something new to learn.

> But I don't recall if it's possible to pass the logged callsign as an
> argument to the script? Maybe Bob knows how?

Unfortunately, no, there is no way to retrieve the equivalent of $LOGGEDCALL
inside a LUA script, otherwise it could be possible to have Win-Test work
like WriteLog or CT with the old K1EA DVP board.  But I know of no top
scoring contesters using either program to send all the numbers and letters.
 It's always faster to use your own voice, if you still have a voice.

I believe Laurent explained that it was not very easy to add such a
seemingly simply function as wtQso:getCallsign() or
wtQso:getVariable($LOGGEDCALL) to Win-Test due to the way it is structured
internally, where the thread processing LUA scripts has no access to data
being actively managed by other threads, such as the callsign field or
message variables.