[WT-support] CQ WW SSB: Zones without leading zero ?

Ville Hiilesmaa py2zea at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 21:48:43 CEST 2011

Preparing Win-Test for CQ WW SSB at PS2T,

The Automatic Exchange Guessing feature is basically OK...
....But how to drop the leading zero ?

Example:

You work W1ABC.
Program offers zone 05.
He says he is in zone 3.
    you type "3" > program overwrites only the leading zero and logs "35"
So, you must always type "03" including the (unnecessary) leading zero.

It sucks to type these leading zeros when working hundreds of US stations
whose calls don't correspond to the traditional zone system in USA.

We would like to have the zone field displayed without the leading zero.
Then it would be possible to overwrite the zone # by a single digit, as
needed.

Is there any parameter in Win-test that we could change?
Any other solution?

(PS: It was easier 50 years ago when US stations were in their "correct"
zones)

73 Ville OH2MM, PY2ZEA