[WT-support] u2R + Win-Test

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon May 16 19:03:26 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:58 AM, Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt at gmail.com> wrote:

> does this 1 to 2 second delay on the second radio has to do with the Task
> #305 <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=305> cause the
> first time I tx on the second radio everything is ok, but after that first
> time the radio will TX only 1 to 2 second after I pressed the F4 key, or
> whatever other key.

This usually indicates that the microHAM software is failing to return PTT
status to Win-Test.  Win-Test is waiting for an acknowledgement from the
microHAM router that the PTT is closed, before it will send any CW.  If the
acknowledgement is not received, the CW will be delayed by 1 or 2 seconds.

On the microHAM Router PTT & ACC tab, there are two options that you must
experiment with:

x Use Winkey PTT
x Generate PTT Output

I must assume you specified the microHAM control port to Win-Test as device
type MK2R/MK2R+/u2R.  If you disable that port and use LPT or COM port DTR
lines for CW keying, all of these problems will go away.  You don't have to
use the LPT port; you can use virtual COM ports for CW keying and PTT.

But there are other things to check.  In the Winkey Configuration screen,
did you check

x Enable Winkey 2 Version 2 additional features

And set the PTT tail to Fixed Tail?

Did you set Second Output (Pin 5) to *Radio 2*?

Unless you have very slow relays in your amplifier, my recommendation would
be to use VOX or QSK mode and ignore PTT completely.  In other words,
disable all PTT options in Router and Win-Test.  That will avoid all
software generated delays.