[WT-support] network problem

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Mar 22 18:41:52 CET 2011

This sounds almost exactly like the message you get when you have two
computers on the network using exactly the same station name (e.g., "STN1").
 Every computer on the Win-Test LAN must have a unique network name.  This
must be configured at the bottom of the Contest Configuration Screen
(shortcut text command:  REOPEN).  An easy way to create this problem is to
copy the active .WT4 file from one computer to another without changing the
station name in the file.

The station recording the QSO is also in the .WT4 file.  You can dump this
information to a text file using the WRITELOG text command.  Just check
"Text File" and click the Options button.  Then select "Station name" as one
of the fields to be written to the text file.

Remember that *every* computer on the Win-Test LAN that is running Win-Test
must have a unique name, including "support" or "backup" stations that are
not logging any QSOs, and remote computers wired through some type of
private VPN.