[WT-support] CQP Support Request

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Wed Jun 29 17:40:21 CEST 2011

I very much agree.  I've had to resign myself to the reality that WinTest is
a *European* contest program and while it will probably let you score the
"Greek Rioters QSO Party", CQP and other US state QSO parties is just a
dream that will never be fulfilled.

             Ron Castro
                  N6IE
         www.N6IE.com
              Member:
         REDXA   NCCC
         NCDXF   ARRL
I agree it would be nice to find a way to have WT support other contests.
For these other test I typically end up using N1MM. But now I have to keep 2
contest software up to date with country files, etc. Some day I may just say
I had enough. I think WT is superior to N1MM and prefer it but a person can
never get proficient at it by jumping between programs for different
contests.

One thing I have yet to understand is why in the DOS days two of the major
contest software can have "contest definition files" that most users could
easily set up for any contest along with adding in a simple .txt multiplier
file. However in the Windows world you need to be a programmer to do this. I
know N1MM and Writelog people can develop "Contest Modules" but after
reading the instructions it is not simple and the average user is not
capable of creating their own contest module.

Bill
AC0W