[WT-support] CQP Support Request

AC0W ac0w at charter.net
Wed Jun 29 17:01:21 CEST 2011

I agree it would be nice to find a way to have WT support other
contests. For these other test I typically end up using N1MM. But now I
have to keep 2 contest software up to date with country files, etc. Some
day I may just say I had enough. I think WT is superior to N1MM and
prefer it but a person can never get proficient at it by jumping between
programs for different contests.

One thing I have yet to understand is why in the DOS days two of the
major contest software can have "contest definition files" that most
users could easily set up for any contest along with adding in a simple
.txt multiplier file. However in the Windows world you need to be a
programmer to do this. I know N1MM and Writelog people can develop
"Contest Modules" but after reading the instructions it is not simple
and the average user is not capable of creating their own contest
module.

Bill
AC0W