[WT-support] CQP Support Request

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jun 29 19:07:52 CEST 2011

I believe the Win-Test developers do not have the time or desire to add any
new contests to Win-Test.  Instead, I really would like to see them work on
a design for new "user defined contest" interface, perhaps implemented
through predefined LUA function calls and/or configuration files, so that
any reasonable contest could be supported.  Designing such an interface is
not trivial, but once it is done, they could leave the rest of the work to
others.

The other option is for Win-Test to become open source.  If either of these
things happen, Win-Test could have a long future.  If neither happens, I
think Win-Test will eventually go the way of CT.

In the mean time, I would suggest anyone planning to enter a QSO Party or
other unsupported contest should be learning how to use N1MM Software or
Writelog.  Though it is very difficult it is to switch back and forth
between these programs and Win-Test, and these programs do have their own
issues and limitations, it is the best option at present, for unsupported
contests.