[WT-support] WT and ESM

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jul 11 06:37:15 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 6:46 PM, <Georgek5kg at aol.com> wrote:

> **
> I found that if I was not careful with the tabbing from field to field in a
> log entry, I would send an incorrect CW message when I hit the Enter key.

Are you using TAB or SPACEBAR to move between fields?  Most people use
SPACEBAR, because it skips over the RST fields.

If you want both TAB and SPACEBAR to work the same, you can redefine the TAB
key using the DEFINEKEYS text command.

 I was a mixed (SSB & CW) entry in IARU, and was not using voice messages to
> send the exchange.  I discovered that when on SSB, I had to hit the Enter
> key twice to log the QSO record.  Hitting the Enter key twice would
> probably be necessary if I had been using voice messages, but I wasn't.  I
> had to turn off ESM in order to be able to log a SSB record with a single
> tap of the Enter key.

The source code for the standard Win-Test ESM script is published in the
Wiki, here<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/API#ESM_Script_.28embedded_into_Win-Test.29>.
   I created a modified version of this script so that it behaves
differently on CW than it does on phone.  On CW, pressing Enter sends the
exchange (F2 message) just like the standard script, but on phone it will
not, you have to *speak* the exchange for every QSO.   In RUN mode, pressing
Enter once with a callsign and exchange entered in the logging window will
log the QSO and play the F3 (TU) message.

Is there a way to keep ESM active and not have to hit Enter twice on SSB?

Download N6TVESM.zip from http://bit.ly/wtscripts .  The Readme file
explains how to install it.  Please let me know if you think there is a way
to make it work better.

> Is there a keyboard shortcut to turn ESM on and off?

Yes, ESM and NOESM.