[WT-support] WT and ESM

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 03:46:11 CEST 2011

I used ESM (enter sends message) for the first time this weekend in  IARU.
I used ESM to send my CW messages, and it seemed to work well.   However, I
found that if I was not careful with the tabbing from  field to field in a
log entry, I would send an incorrect  CW message when I hit the Enter key.
It will take some practice to get  to where I can use ESM faultlessly.

But wait, there's more, and here is my reason for contacting  support:

I was a mixed (SSB & CW) entry in IARU, and was not using voice  messages
to send the exchange.  I discovered that when on SSB, I had to hit  the Enter
key twice to log the QSO record.  Hitting the Enter key twice  would
probably be necessary if I had been using voice messages, but I  wasn't.  I had to
turn off ESM in order to be able to log a SSB record with  a single tap of
the Enter key.

Is there a way to keep ESM active and not have to hit Enter twice on  SSB?
Is there a keyboard shortcut to turn ESM on and off?

73, George

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960  cell